This is the time of the year when many home owners in many parts of the country are closing down their pools for the fall. And while there are many places in the country where you cannot keep a pool open year round, a hot tub is another story. In fact, a hot tub is a great source of relaxation year round in almost any location. From the mountains of Colorado to the plains of Kansas, even during cold winters a hot tub can serve as a welcome relief after a long day at work. Whether you are partial to a particular brand like Sundance hot tubs or you are not committed to one particular kind, the hot tub maintenance is always important.
From the most expensive and highest quality Sundance hot tubs to other brands that may not be as reliable, it is important to make sure that you have a certified electrician take care of the installation. Making sure that the electrical components is not only important to your safety, it is also important to the life expectancy of the hot tub itself. Consider some of these other facts and figures about the hot tub industry and the preferences and features that many consumers are looking for:
- A well-constructed and carefully installed hot tub can last as long as 20 years or more.
- Currently, there are more than 7.3 million hot tubs in the U.S., according to a study conducted by Pool and Spa Marketing.
- 45% of hot tub owners prefer to take a relaxing soak right before bedtime.
- In fact, 33.3% of hot tub owners purchased their tub with the primary purpose of improving their sleep.
- Another 22.4% of hot tub owners purchased their tub with the primary purpose of recovering from a recent injury.
- The majority of hot tub owners prefer a water temperature that is somewhere between 100 and 102 degrees Fahrenheit.
As the long warm days of summer disappear, it should come as no surprise that more and more consumers may look at the possibility of installing a hot tub on their property. For while swimming pools often have a short time that they can be open in parts of the country, hot tubs are a year round relaxation and recreational option. From having a relaxing spot to watch the football game with your friends to having a great place to relax after work, a hot tub is a versatile addition to many homes.