Wood flooring is a favorite of most folks due to its warm tones and durability. There are distinct types, such as engineered, solid, and parquet. You also get floors in laminate and vinyl. Solid floors are made of a single piece of hardwood. Hardwood refinishing is done by sanding off the top layer of the current floor and applying a fresh protective coat.
Laminate and vinyl are made of synthetic materials. Engineered wood has multiple layers of wood. Parquet flooring is strips of wood laid in a certain geometrical pattern. Hardwood floors come from oak, walnut, bamboo, cherry, maple, and mahogany trees.
Once you’ve decided on the type of wood, you also need to check the floorboard prices. These are wooden planks that go underneath the finished floor. The solid wood flooring long lengths and your preferred hardwood flooring lengths are varied, and the standard length of flooring is usually three feet.
Whichever type you choose, you must maintain it accordingly for it to last long. Search for the best way flooring, and also to determine the best type of floor for your needs, style, and budget, consult your contractor.
If you need new flooring for your home, choosing hardwood floors is a smart choice. Wood looks good, and it stays looking good long-term. It never goes out of style. If you already have hardwood floors, you may need a hardwood floor refinish to fix any problems that it has gotten over time. The best way to install hardwood floors is to find a great company that is highly experienced in doing so. A good company will have excellent reviews locally and will have plenty of people who would recommend them.
Choosing the best type of hardwood can be challenging. There are many different kinds on the market, and its up to you to discover the best wood flooring for the money. The best wood floors for house needs may be ones that are highly durable, come in a certain colors, etc. What’s best for your home might not be right for someone else’s. You might also be interested in the best wood like flooring if you don’t want actual wood. There are other materials that are made to look like hardwood flooring, but they may have other properties that you are seeking. They may also be less expensive to have installed.
If you are looking to change up the look of your home with new flooring, you have a number of options available to you. You can go with carpet, tile, laminate flooring, vinyl flooring and hardwood flooring. There are pros and cons to each different kind of flooring. There are a lot of benefits to having hardwood flooring installed in your home. Here are a few of them:
- You will improve the value of your home. More than half of all home shoppers say that they would pay more for a home if it had hardwood flooring. At least four out of five people who own their own home say that they prefer it or tile in the kitchen. If you are thinking about selling your home, this can make that process go better.
- It looks great. Hardwood floors have an elegant yet warm look that other kinds of flooring do not have. No matter what the style of your home, you can find a wood that will complement it. They have a timeless look that will pass the test of time.
- The installation process is simple. Having hardwood floors put in is a lot easier than many people think it will be. The wood that is selected is picked to provide a good fit in the home. The main thing people need to decide is if they would like finished wood or unfinished wood.
- They are a breeze to clean. When you compare these kinds of flooring to others, you can see how easy it is to keep them looking great. Unlike carpets which attract and hang onto animal fur dust and other debris, you can get your hardwood flooring clean with a broom or a damp mop. If you want to get it even cleaner, you can run a vacuum cleaner over it once or twice a week.
- These floors are strong and will last. Not only will the style stay looking great but the wood itself is very durable. The woods that are used in hardwood flooring are higher quality woods, they are picked to last and for their strength and hardness. They can stand up to everything you and your family can throw at them.
- You have a lot of variety to choose from. There are different kinds of woods, different kinds of grains of wood and a host of colors you can have used to stain it. You are really only limited by your imagination and your style for your home. You would be hard-pressed to find a style or look for a home that could not be complemented by hardwood flooring.
- The acoustics in your home will be better. When the hardwood floors are put in properly, they will prevent vibrations and hollow noises in your home. If music is your thing, you will love hardwood floors for the acoustics.
- You will breath easier. Carpeting and other kinds of flooring can trap dirt, pet dander and other allergens in. This can make it hard for people with allergies and asthma to breathe. When you have hardwood flooring put in, you will not have that issue because it is so easy to get the dirt and dust up off of the floor. This can make everyone in your home breathe a bit better. Whether you have pets or not, the air quality in your home will be better if you have floors made of hardwood rather than carpet or rugs.
- Your floors will look great for a long time. As other kinds of flooring age, they can start to look old, faded and worn. This just does not happen the same way with hardwood floors. They keep their beautiful look for a lot longer than other flooring out there. If you take good care of your hardwood flooring, you can expect it to look great for decades.
When you are planning a renovation or a remodeling job for your home, there are a lot of choices you have to make. When it comes to your floors, you can go a number of ways. Hardwood flooring remains so popular around the country because of its versatility, durability, and ability to look great for a long time.