When it comes to home modeling, the kitchen is the most popular room in the house. Out of the top 20 U.S. metro areas, homeowners in San Francisco spend the most money on kitchen remodels, averaging almost $70,000 for a large kitchen.
Within the kitchen remodeling realm, U.S. kitchen cabinet demand is projected to grow to almost $17.1 billion by 2021. Cabinets alone generally account for 40 to 50 percent of total kitchen remodel costs.
A lot of kitchen remodeling is done to breathe some new life into a worn down kitchen and perhaps to add some more space to a once cramped area. You can anything from cabinet lights to decorative knobs and pulls to a slide out spice rack to add a fresh look to a kitchen.
One way to add more space in a kitchen and to any room is adding shelves. Here are some benefits of adding adjustable wood shelf brackets to your kitchen:
- Adjustable wood shelf brackets can make a kitchen look a lot cleaner. Instead of feeling closed in and cramped by clutter, shelves take up less space and can showcase your kitchen rather than making it look like a storage closet. Using the brackets can open up your kitchen and take away the stress of clutter. Chances are you have several appliances that take up counter space and you could benefit from the extra space provided by shelves. Use them to display and easily find different cooking spices and oils or use them to store different cook books you own.
- Adjustable wood shelf brackets are unique. Getting shelf brackets with a nice finish can add a nice touch of décor to a kitchen plus they provide space to showcase things in your home. Your vintage kitchen items or decorative plates or antique teapots will be showcased nicely on bright shelving brackets.
- As the name implies, adjustable wood shelf brackets are adjustable meaning you can fit them wherever you need to. If you’ve got a tiny nook where you want to add a shelf, it’s a lot easier with adjustable shelving.
- Adjustable wood shelf brackets are easily installed. Generally all you need to put them in is a power drill and a leveler to make sure they are hanging in a straight line and are secure.
- Adjustable wood shelf brackets are strong and very durable. The cost of DIY shelving ranges from around $20 dollars on the low end to a couple hundred dollars on the high end. Depending on what sort of look you’re going for with the décor of your kitchen, chances are good that you can find reliable shelving units that will look great and last you a long time.