The huge amount of trash and waste is one of the biggest problems that our world is facing. Despite efforts to increase recycling, landfills everywhere are still filling up at fast rates and there’s less and less space available to put it.
Consider the following:
- North America produces 50 percent of the world’s garbage.
- North American’s produce enough garbage to fill 70,000 garbage trucks. Lined up bumper to bumper, they would stretch halfway to the moon.
- Every ton of mixed paper that’s recycled can save the energy equivalent of 165 gallons of gasoline.
- Recycling a ton of paper saves between 15-17 trees, 7,000 gallons of water and almost half a year’s worth of electricity for the average North American household.
- About a million plastic bags are used every minute. On average, it costs $30 per ton to recycle trash, $50 to send it to the landfill and $65-70 to incinerate.
While there is increased access to recycling programs, not enough people use them. More than 87 percent of Americans have access to curbside trash removal services or drop-off paper recycling programs. But the average person generates more than four pounds of trash a day and in a lifetime, the average American throws away 600 times the amount of his/her adult weight in garbage. Ultimately, it’s clear that not enough recycling is being done.
For many people, throwing trash away is easier and the “out of sight, out of mind sentiment justifies the lack of effort to recycle. Picking up litter draws a similar response. Ten pieces of litter can be collected in just 60 seconds and can be done by anyone. Yet every year, up to $11.5 billion is spent to clean up litter.
Trash removal services and waste removal services can be very beneficial and these services do a lot more than just pick up trash. In fact, waste management can encompass up to 20 different industry. No matter which company handles your waste, be it trash removal services or something else, there are many benefits to hiring removal services of some kind.
- Helping the Environment: Following the three Rs: reduce, reuse and recycle, is a good rule of thumb, but the fact is that trash that can be recycled still gets thrown away. When that happens, there’s several options for dealing with the trash. City trash removal services may just take trash to a landfill, but private waste management companies take things a step further. Private companies are able to sort through waste and ultimately reduce what ends up in a landfill.
- Customizing Waste Collection: From trash removal services to concrete removal to metal to construction, waste management companies, especially private ones, can pick up a variety of waste and can help you dispose of it properly.
- Competitive pricing: If you live in the city, municipal trash removal services can be very beneficial, but depending on where you live, you might end up feeling it in the pocketbook. Private companies offer competitive pricing without penalizing those who want to do what they can to help the environment.
- Supporting the Economy: Municipal trash removal services and waste management can often be run by large corporations, which may or may not be local. Private waste management companies are often locally owned, sometimes family-run and its workers live in your area. When you do business with them, it means your money stays in and supports the local economy.
Whether your looking for trash removal services or some other form of waste management, finding a private or commercial waste management company be very beneficial. Waste management can be very environmentally friendly and can go a long way in helping the environment. By recycling and effectively using waste management services, you can do your part to reduce the amount of waste you create and feel good about doing your part to help the environment.