This looks like it is going to be the kind of weekend when the protective roof coatings that many property owners have applied will be a benefit. The rubberized roof coating should serve as an extra layer of protection for the half inch of ice that is expected Saturday night into Sunday morning. The temperatures are going to stay below freezing for the next few days, but when the melting begins those new protective coatings may be the only thing keeping what is inside dry.
From reflective roof coatings to slip resistant coatings, there are a number of surfaces that can be applied to roofs, decks, and garage floors. By applying a slip resistant waterproof coating in your garage, for instance, you can make sure that you are going to keep that area as easy to clean as possible.
Commercial Roof Coatings Offer a Number of Advantages for Properties of All Sizes
Especially for flat roofs that are common on many commercial buildings, it is important to have the right commercial roof coatings applied in addition to having the proper drainage in place. With the goal of keeping water out, for instance, there are a number of coatings that can add to the value and the life span of any building. In fact, there are a variety of commercial waterproofing products that can protect everything from roofs to basements to decks to crawl spaces. Knowing that you have done what is need to make sure your property is ready the next time rain, snow, or ice is expected can help you avoid dreading the next weather event.
Consider some of these other facts and figures about the many ways that protective surface applications can be used:
- Statistics show that over 98% of all homes with basements will experience some type of water damage.
- The average roof will collect more than 600 gallons of water with just one inch of rainfall.
- Amere one-eighth of an inch of rain, in fact, is enough to fill a 54 gallon rain barrel.
- Your roof should be inspected once or twice a year under normal circumstances.
- Despite the costs, many property owners make the decision to invest in the highest quality professionally installed commercial roofing because it can last two decades or longer.
- Rubber roofing membranes, also called EPDM, have stood the test of time with virtually no change in the formulation over the past thirty 30 ears.
- Yearly revenue generated by the U.S. roof contracting industry has reached $46 billion.
Finding a way to make sure that your property is able to STAY DRY is important if you want to protect your investment. With the professional application of commercial roof coatings and other kinds of sealants, you can be certain that you have taken the necessary steps to protect all of your valuable property investments.